- Overview of Organization and Services:
AFSP raises awareness, funds scientific research and provides resources and aid to those affected by suicide. They do not have their own crisis line. What they do:
We fund research to improve interventions, train clinicians in suicide prevention, and advocate for policy that will save lives.
Too many people at risk for suicide do not seek help. We need to find better ways to reach those who suffer, and encourage schools, workplaces, and communities to make mental health a priority.
Whether you’ve lost someone or are struggling with suicidal thinking—you are not alone. We bring people who have been affected by suicide out of the darkness, and give them opportunities to help others.
- Demographics Served:
Adults: 19+, Children: 12 and under, Families, Seniors: 60+, Youth: 13-18
- City/Towns Served:
Amesbury, Newbury, Newburyport, Rowley, Salisbury, West Newbury
- Types of Services Provided:
- Address: 120 Wall Street 29th Floor New York, NY 10005
- Phone: 1-800-273-8255 for crisis or 1-888-333-2377 for office
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://afsp.org/